The World of Eurovision

Monday, October 23, 2006

Welcome

Hello.

Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Chris, I am a student at the University of Sheffield, and you may or may not have guessed that I am obsessed/infatuated/addicted to Europe's finest musical competition, the Eurovision Song Contest (or to quote the 1992 male co-host Harald Treutiger, "The greatest gameshow in all the world").

So it's late October - why am I writing a blog about a competition that takes place in May? Well, there is a lot of preparation for the Eurovision Song Contest and so much happens that sometimes I forget about the things that happened along the way. So this little blog is a sort of diary for me, writing up the trials and tribulations of the next contest which will take place in seven months time. For you, you can see what it's like to be obsessed with something. And maybe I might educated you along the way about the world of Eurovision. There's more to this contest than Lordi, Daz Sampson and "We Are The Winners" you know...

So my first major post will appear soon. In the meantime... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home