The World of Eurovision

Sunday, February 25, 2007

An Absolute Load Of Bull-garia

Well. Oh my word. I had the pleasure of hearing the Bulgarian entry for the first time over the weekend and, goodness me, what a mesmerising listen. It is worth its very own blog entry.

I have never heard such noise in my life. There’s wailing, drums, club rhythms… it is just bizarre. There is no tune – it is merely three minutes of horrendous sounds coming out of some lady’s mouth. Too many drums, too much Eastern wailing and over the top of dance music?

It is a melting pot of shite.

It’s called “Voda” which translates as “Water” which, you would think, would mean the song was a nice, calming, serene number. Wrong. It is interpreted by one Stoyan Yankulov who stands around banging drums, and Elitsa Todorova who makes disturbing sounds that clash horribly with the backing track, and she also has a go at the old drum beating. Seriously, this entry is SO bad, it is almost funny.

Noise. That is the only word for it. It is just noise. And if it qualifies I shall eat my hat.

Worryingly, it has seemed to have caused a rather positive stir on Eurovision messageboards. Expect it to chart high this week in the polls! But it’s a truly awful song. Wow. It’s that bad.

3 Comments:

  • lol
    You are totally on bad terms whit music man
    or a stupid or something?

    By Blogger sasa, at 9:30 AM  

  • I think better prepare you self to eat one big big hat, because this song is a 100% winner on this contest

    By Blogger sasa, at 9:34 AM  

  • Well obviously this is all my opinion - I could be totally on bad terms with music indeed!

    I think it's terrible and I don't think it will qualify. But maybe it will, it seems fairly popular amongst others!

    By Blogger ESCChris, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home