The World of Eurovision

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Getting Close...

Ok, so I've been slacking. But really not much has happened Eurovision-wise in the past week. All that's left to go now is rehearsals. Which start tomorrow!

Yes, the press centre is open for all delegations of the 42 countries, the stage is set (and looking fab, best since Riga by the looks of things) and tomorrow the first 14 semi-finalists will do their first rehearsals. Basically, there's nothing left to prepare. Just one week and one day til the semi, and only a week and a half until the final.

Scooch have been spotted in a photograph with Tony Blair which is nice. Of course, Katrina & The Waves won the contest just two days after he was elected. Wouldn't it be lovely if Scooch could win to round off his prime ministerial career and go full circle? We can only hope. The single's out on Monday, but can it sell more than the 50,000 copies that Daz sold of Teenage Life?

In other ESC related news the OGAE polls have continued from around Europe with much success for Belarus, Switzerland and Serbia. Not much success for Scooch though. Never mind. We're obviously the "dark horse".

So, from tomorrow's first rehearsals, I'll try and keep this blog up to date with my reactions to what I'm hearing from other sources around the internet. There's certainly some questions I want answering. Will Sopho Khalvashi perform again as if she's emerging from a blacnmange? How will the vampires look on stage? And just what is Belarus' gimmick?

Hopefully all these can be answered tomorrow. Let the good times roll!

1 Comments:

  • Having seen Scooch perform (live?) on GMTV just a couple of days ago, I'd say they've got no chance of even making the top 10, let alone winning :-(
    The song reminds me very much of Malta's song from last year (I do, I do, I dooooooo) - nice tune, but very repetitive.

    By Blogger Tinsie, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home