The World of Eurovision

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Come on, Liubi, do the Locmondo...

Romania’s national final was of course thrown into a lot of trouble, with three songs disqualified for breaking EBU rules. As a protest, the writers of the song “Crazy” went and withdrew their entry, which is a shame because it was the best song of the selection! Therefore, my hopes were pinned on “No Podre Vivir” by Marcel Pavel, or “Time” by Ionut Unugureanu. Did either of them win? No. This did though…

“LIUBI, LIUBI, I LOVE YOU” – Locomondo

After two years of Romanian songs being dance orientated, they will this year send a sort of Eastern European gypsy folk number in a similar style to Poland 2005. This result for me was the most interesting of last night. Romania’s good result last year means they automatically qualify for this year’s final, and so Locomondo are the first act that we know are definitely in the Saturday final. But how will the voters of Europe take this song? I’m very undecided! It’s got a bit of a novelty value to it, which could help it bring in a few votes. Eastern Europe will love it! I don’t think it’s too bad at all, but it’s not a particularly conventional song. A good performance could pull it off, but it’s not perhaps to everybody’s taste.

This song has got me really undecided! It’s about halfway down my ranking list, which can now be turned into a top ten, as we know have TEN songs picked! And here’s my current order for the moment…

1 NORWAY – “Ven A Bailar Conmigo”
2 MALTA – “Vertigo”
3 BELARUS – “Work Your Magic”

4 ESTONIA – “Partners In Crime”

5 ROMANIA – “Liubi, Liubi, I Love You”
6 DENMARK – “Drama Queen”
7 MOLDOVA – “Fight”

8 POLAND – “Time To Party”
9 SLOVENIA – “Cvet Z Juga”

10 ALBANIA – “Balada E Gurit”

So as you can see, I have a definite top three at the moment, with Norway leading the way. More entries to be chosen tonight though… it’s non-stop fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home