The World of Eurovision

Friday, May 11, 2007

Vampires Are Dead

So, yeah, western Europe aren't very happy with last night's results. Apparently there's a very nasty atmosphere in the air in Helsinki with fans and delegations from a lot of countries rather angry that no western country qualified. I hope Svante is in some sort of safehouse.

I did, however, get 7 out of 10 right. Lucky I played that FYR Macedonia card, I'm starting to think they are invincible. Did NOT expect to see Moldova, was surprised to see Georgia and laughed when Bulgaria qualified. I must say I was told on this very blog that Bulgaria would do well while I was too busy slagging 'em off. Well, you can't get it right all the time.

But did they deserve to go through? Well I'm sad that Israel didn't make it, I'm very sad Malta didn't (great song!!) and was a tad surprised that Switzerland didn't go through, but it was one of the weakest performances of the night. Denmark - well, not much to say except THEY WOZ ROBBED!

On the other hand, Hungary thoroughly deserved to go through, as did Slovenia, Latvia and Serbia. Turkey also, even though a lot of people still aren't keen on this. And Belarus was brilliant, best performance last night.

Now just in case I can't blog again before the final tomorrow, I will make this prediction now.

- At this moment in time, 19.22 on 11/5/07, if I had to say a name to win I would say Ukraine. I'm thinking it could be a direct Balkan fight between Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Latvia.
- Serbia won't come much higher than 5th.
- Ireland, UK, Spain and France will not do very well. Germany will probably come about 16th.

And so finally - who do I WANT to win? Well... my fave song tomorrow will be Belarus. Good luck to Koldun and good luck to Scooch. As someone said today, could a western win save this contest? Because right now something needs to save it. I tell you, it's being killed... :-(

On the brightside, it's The Eurovision Song Contest 2007 tomorrow!!! So bring on that block voting, in the words of Wogan - "we'll show Johnny Foreigner what for!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home